A normally exclusive country club will open its gates to the public for several charity events in March. The ClubCorp Charity Classic takes place across the country each year.
The event “benefits the local community and makes a positive impact on the lives of so many,” said JR Rosenbluth, general manager of Anthem Golf & Country Club. Prizes include a round of golf and dinner at the club.
Charities to Benefit Equally
- Foothills Food Bank Provides food and financial assistance to people in the North Phoenix area.
- ClubCorp Employee Partners Care Foundation Offers financial assistance to company employees during crises.
- Augie’s Quest Seeks treatments and cures for ALS.
Events (& donations per participant)
- Golf Tournament, March 11, $125
- Dinner Dance & Silent Auction, March 16, $100
- Bocce Ball Tournament, March 12–18, $10
- St. Patrick’s Day Fun Run, March 17, $10
- Pickleball Tournament, March 24–25, $35
- Men’s Doubles Tennis Tournament, March 16–18, $35
- Mixed Doubles Tennis Tournament, March 24–25, $35
Sign up at www.clubcorpcharityclassic.com one week prior to events, or by March 12 for the dinner. Info 623-742-6205.
Correction: An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that ClubCorp bought Anthem Golf & Country Club in September. Rather, ClubCorp, already owner of the facility, was bought in September by Apollo Global Management.