Developers broke ground recently on an intriguing 40-acre development in North Phoenix where plans include upscale apartments, a dog park, community pool and splash pad — plus a neighborhood shopping plaza to include an as-yet-unnamed grocery store.
The development, part of a wave of new homes and retail growth in the area, is at the southeast corner of North Valley Parkway and Sonoran Desert Drive.
Plans filed with the City of Phoenix show 14 acres zoned for retail shops and three freestanding pads, with entrances from both thoroughfares. Another 26 acres adjacent on the south side is the future location of Liv North Valley, a gated 385-unit, multifamily community. It all sits just north of the bare earth at Madison Granite quarry.
Homes for Sale in 85085, 85086 & 85087
Prickett Realty, serving Anthem & North Phoenix
The community will lease studios and one-, two- and three-bedroom units ranging from 480–1,320 square feet, according to developer plans. Each apartment calls for a private balcony or patio, and tenants will have option to lease garage space situated along the perimeter of the site.
Planned community amenities include a clubhouse, resort-style pool, fitness center, playground and splash pad, dog park, sport court, barbecues, a fire pit and community garden. The concepts show 50 percent improved and natural open space within the community. Primary access will be from North Valley Parkway.
Investment Property Associates (IPA) partnered with Rockefeller Group on this development, and would not provide further details. The two completed Liv Northgate complex in Gilbert in 2016. IPA also developed five additional Liv communities.
The bustling intersection:
- Southwest corner: The Corner Store convenience market and Valero fuel center, which opened in February. More shops are planned for that corner, north of Sonoran Commons, where 212 single-family homes are under construction.
- Northeast corner: 24 North, an enclave of 111 courtyard villas under construction.
- Northwest corner: Vacant. But the 67-acre plot, zoned for commercial buildings or a commerce park, is for sale.
- 4 New Choices in Upscale Apartment Living
- More North Phoenix Real Estate News
- Monthly Real Estate Watch: Home Sales in North Phoenix
- Guide to North Phoenix Neighborhoods
Large Country Club View Lot
Bennington with 14-foot ceilings, fireplace, no homes behind, and near the first gate!
N Moss Springs Road, Anthem Country Club
3 BEDS | 2.5 BATHS | 3-CAR GARAGE | 2,542 SQFT | $440,000
Call 623-297-2557 or CLICK TO LEARN MORE