Think of it as Coachella in New River, with 14 bands over two days. OK, maybe a little more innocent and you might not know the bands by name, and most of the band members are kids… but that shouldn’t stop the music-loving hoards from descending on the Roadrunner Restaurant and Saloon for this high-energy outdoor rock show.
Each of the bands has been rehearsing for 11 weeks at Rhapsody School of Music in Anthem. Some have been together for previous performances at bars and coffee shops around North Phoenix, others are recently formed.
“The program teaches young musicians to play together in groups while encouraging artistic expression and skills like communication and teamwork,” said band leader Jonathan Nilsen.
Mostly, the kids just rock. Songs will span the generations, from classic rock’s heyday to tunes you might’ve heard yesterday on the radio.
Rhapsody Band Concert
6–9 p.m. (or maybe 10 p.m.)
Monday, April 3 & Tuesday, April 4
Roadrunner Restaurant and Saloon
47801 N. Black Canyon Hwy. [Map]
Price: Free (food and drink for sale)
Info: 623-465-7060, www.rhapsodyschoolofmusic.com,
- “We are the Champions” by Queen
- “Paint it, Black” by the Rolling Stones
- “Let Her Go” by Passenger
- “I Want You Back” by the Jackson 5
- “My Same” by Adele
- “We Belong” by Pat Benatar
- “Don’t Let Me Down” by the Beatles
- “The Greatest” by Sia
- “Them Shoes” by Patrick Sweany
- “Iron Man” by Black Sabbath
- “Counting Stars” by OneRepublic
- “Upside Down” by Jack Johnson
- “Viva la Vida” by Coldplay
- “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” by Poison
Brand New Anthem Home for Sale
This never-lived-in Ravenna model in Circle Mountain, by Pulte, is fresh and ready to make memories. Perfect floorplan! Phoenix utilities.
4 BEDS | 2.5 BATHS | 3-CAR GARAGE | 2,582 SQFT | $399,000
44622 N 41st Drive, Anthem
Call 623-297-2557 or CLICK TO LEARN MORE