Arts & Crafts Vendors Sought for Anthem’s Autumnfest
ANTHEM COMMUNITY COUNCIL — Autumnfest, one of the North Valley’s favorite events, will return to Anthem Community Park, Oct. 20-21, 2018. The weekend-long event runs 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Autumnfest is an event for all ages and is open to the public; parking and admission are free.
Handmade goods, culinary creations, art, jewelry, photography, candles, furniture and many other items will be for sale as part of the signature feature of Autumnfest, the arts-and-crafts fair. Vendors from across the Valley and region flock to Anthem to share and sell their goods.
“This is a great opportunity with the holidays coming up to purchase gifts, décor, tasty treats and other fall-inspired delicacies while enjoying Anthem’s beautiful Community Park and all that it has to offer,” said Michele DeMichele, director of special events for the Anthem Community Council (ACC). Arts and crafts vendors may register through Sept. 14.
Other Autumnfest Activities
- Carnival rides and games: Frazier Shows Carnival offers a host of rides and attractions including a Ferris wheel, swings, fun house and carousel, in addition to “thrill-seeker” rides like the Vertigo. The carnival will open Thursday evening and run through the weekend at various times. Rides and games vary in price. All-you-can-ride wristbands will be available during select times. Hours will be posted online.
- Kids’ Zone and family activities: Children will enjoy bounce houses/inflatables (fees apply); tractor-pulled hayrides (free) through Community Park are a favorite of attendees.
- Pumpkin Patch: Families can pick the perfect pumpkin to decorate; $5 per pumpkin while supplies last. Take a photo before you leave to share with friends and family, and on social media!
- Train rides: A farm-themed trackless train ride (fees apply) will be added this year. Additionally, the Daisy Mountain Railroad will offer rides that circle Community Park (fees apply).
- Food court/Rotary beer garden: Food, beer and wine will be available for purchase. No outside food or drinks are allowed in the fenced food court area. ATM on site (prices vary).
- Live entertainment: Bands will perform at the Main Pavilion 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday (Rhythm of the Sun) and 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Sunday (Snake Eyes). Attendees will also enjoy a strolling magician and balloon artist from 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. both days (free).
- Firewise Days, in partnership with Daisy Mountain Fire Department: Stop by to visit with Smokey Bear (Saturday only), learn what it takes to keep the community safe from fires and see a fire truck up close (free).
Decorated Pumpkin Contest
This year, a new component will be added to the event – a decorated pumpkin contest. Get your family, church, school, business or nonprofit involved and show off your best decorating skills! Throughout Autumnfest weekend, decorated pumpkins will be on display on the walkway to the Main Pavilion, and event-goers can vote for their favorites. Decorate (not carve) pumpkin(s) in any family-friendly theme. A grand prize $50 Visa Gift Card will be awarded to one winner in each category; the top three vote getters will receive prize ribbons.
“We’re building on the great feedback we received from the scarecrow contest last Autumnfest,” said Kristi Northcutt, the ACC’s director of public affairs. “A spin-off of the scarecrows, a decorated pumpkin contest brings an added dynamic of art into the event and hopefully gets the community joining in on the fun.”
Pumpkins can be dropped off for display on Saturday, Oct. 20, from 10 a.m.-noon at Community Park (tent near Main Pavilion). Entry paperwork and additional guidelines are posted atOnlineAtAnthem.com/Autumnfest. There is no cost to enter; entries are due Oct. 12 by 5 p.m.
Special thanks to BrightView Landscapes, this year’s Title Sponsor.
Visit OnlineAtAnthem.com/Autumnfest for more information. Anthem Community Park is located at 41703 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway.