Fireworks in Anthem, NoPho & Beyond
Fireworks are just the finale to an evening-long Independence holiday celebration in Anthem Community Park on Wednesday, July 3. The family-friendly, free-admission event draws thousands of visitors from all over the Valley, organizers say.
6 p.m. Festivities Begin
- Waterslides and bouncies (for a fee)
- DJ dance music
- Food vendors
- Beer garden
9:30 p.m. Fireworks Begin
Know Before You Go
- Purchase an “all-you-can-ride/bounce bracelet” in June for an early bird price of $15 at the Community Center or Civic Building, or $20 at the event.
- Personal chairs, blankets, pop-up tents, coolers allowed in all areas of the park except the food court.
- No personal fireworks are permitted in the park.
- It’s best to park off-site and walk to the event due to heavy traffic.
- Overflow parking will be available in the Boulder Creek High School parking lot, a short walk from the park.
- Community Park middle and lower parking lots closed all day and reopening at 5 p.m. to the general public.
- Freedom Way from Anthem Way to Whitman Drive will be closed as early as 2 p.m.
- Anthem Way and Gavilan Peak Parkway will have road restrictions, lane reductions and turn lanes blocked. Bike lanes will be closed with some designated street parking.
- Memorial Drive, Independence Way, Venture Court and several other nearby streets will have restrictions.
- The Skate Park and Roller Hockey Rink at Community Park close at 2 p.m. The Hockey Rink will reopen at 6 p.m. as a special needs viewing area only.
- The Community Center closes at 3 p.m. and all cars must be removed from parking lot by 4 p.m.
- Pickleball courts will close at 3 p.m. (fallout zone for fireworks)
Freedom Celebrations In and Out of the Valley
Wednesday, July 3
Salute from the Shores
Pleasant Harbor Marina
8708 W. Harbor Blvd., Peoria
Fireworks and festivities lakeside.
Light Up the Sky
American Family Fields
3805 N. 53rd Ave., Phoenix
Live entertainment, family activities and fireworks.
Anthem Country Club: Independence Celebration
Anthem Country Club: Persimmon Clubhouse
2708 W. Anthem Club Drive
$25/Adults; $15/Children ages 4–12; Free/Children 3 and under
Bounce houses, face painting, food, music, entertainment and fireworks. Anthem Country Club members only. Reservations required.
Thursday, July 4
A Flag Fourth Concert
The Flagstaff Symphony
Pepsi Amphitheater at Fort Tuthill County Park
2446 Fort Tuthill Loop, Flagstaff
Concert featuring the Flagstaff Symphony Orchestra.
Fabulous Phoenix 4th
Steele Indian School Park
300 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix
Two stages featuring international recording artists, festival-style food, arts and crafts, rides, inflatables, a water zone, fireworks and a classic car display. No outside fireworks or alcohol allowed.
Fourth of July Celebration
Mountain Valley Park
8600 E. Nace Lane, Prescott Valley
Live music from Rick Cucuzza and the Front Page Band, beer garden, food vendors, game zone and fireworks.
Fourth of July Wet Fest
Sedona Community Pool
570 Posse Ground Road, Sedona
Music, water slides, fireworks.
Payson County Family Fourth of July
8 a.m.–9 p.m.
Green Valley Park
1000 W. Country Club Drive, Payson
Patriotic salutes, games, bounce houses, pie-eating competition, family games, live music by the band Splash and fireworks over the lake.
Watson Lake Fireworks
3101 Watson Lake Road, Prescott
Performances from the 108th US Army Band, beer garden, water slides, inflatables, food vendors and fireworks. Free parking and shuttle available at Pioneer Park.
Legal Arizona law allows fireworks on private property only from June 24 through July 6. What’s permissible (unless any special bans are issued).
- Sparkling wheel devices
- Cylindrical fountains
- Cone fountains
- Illuminating torches
- Ground spinners
(Novelty items, including snappers, snap caps, party poppers, glow worms, snakes, toy smoke devices and sparklers are permitted year-round.)
Illegal Anything that rises into the air and explodes or detonates in the air, including:
- Bottle rockets
- Sky rockets
- Missile-type rockets
- Aerial spinners
- Roman candles
SOURCE Arizona Revised Statutes