Local Schools Get Grants from Shopping Promo
For 15 years, In&Out Magazine has been the definitive source of “Everything that’s going on” in and out of the community. We thank you, our readers, as well as the businesses that support the magazine through advertising, for that opportunity. But with little going on, and many businesses suspending or canceling their ads during the Covid-19 crisis, we are suspending publication of the magazine and web sites for the month of May.
Ten North Phoenix schools got checks ranging from $500 to $2,500 for participating in an annual shopping promotion at stores and restaurants at the Shops at Norterra. The grants were awarded based on points earned by shoppers for the school of their choice.
- Ridgeline Academy (Charter) $2,500
- Sunset Ridge Elementary (DVUSD) $2,100
- Adams Traditional Academy (Charter) $1,750
- Desert Sage Elementary (DVUSD) $1,450
- Sandra Day O’Connor High School (DVUSD) $1,200
- Stetson Hills School (DVUSD) $1,000
- Boulder Creek Elementary (PVUSD) $850
- Barry Goldwater High School (DVUSD) $700
- Norterra Canyon School (DVUSD) $600
- Sonoran Foothills School (DVUSD) $500
Ridgeline plans to use the funds for a new digital marquee sign.
“This is an incredible opportunity for our school and community to come together, and we appreciate the Shops at Norterra for providing this fundraising opportunity every year,” said Principal Keven Barker.